What are the system requirements for Digital Performer 7?
System requirements for Digital Performer 7
Minimum system requirements:
- PowerPC G4 CPU 1 GHz or faster (including PowerPC G5 CPUs and all Intel processor Macs)
- 1 GB RAM or more
- Mac OS X version 10.4, 10.5, or 10.6:
- DP 7.0–7.02: v10.4.7 or later required
- DP 7.1–7.12: v10.4.11 or later required
- DP 7.2–7.22: v10.5.8 or later required
- 1024 x 768 display resolution
- CD-ROM drive for installation and authorization
- PowerPC G5 or Intel CPU, with multi-core processor or multiple processors
- 2 GB RAM or more
- 1280 x 1024 or larger display resolution
To use Digital Performer 7 under DAE mode:
- DP 7.0–7.02: Pro Tools 7.2 – 8.0.1 is required; Pro Tools 7.4 or later is recommended. Pro Tools 8.0.3 or later is not compatible.
- DP 7.1–7.22: Pro Tools 8.0 – 8.0.3 is required; Pro Tools 8.0 cs3 or later is recommended. Using DAE 8.0.3 requires that Pro Tools be installed before installing Digital Performer 7.1 or later; if Pro Tools 8.0.3 is installed after Digital Performer 7.1 or later, the Digital Performer installer will need to be run again for DAE to function properly.
If you use Native Instruments RTAS plug-ins with Digital Performer in DAE mode, please refer to this tech note.
Note: Avid has announced the end of support for DAE mode in third-party applications such as Digital Performer and Logic. Digital Performer 7.22 is anticipated to be the final version of Digital Performer to support the use of DAE as the audio engine. For more information, refer to the Digital Performer DAE mode compatibility tech note, below.