- Final Cut Pro
- Premiere Pro
- PCI tower operation
- Laptop operation
HDX-SDI for Avid
HDX-SDI for Avid
Media Composer, Symphony, and NewsCutter
Thanks to Avid's new Open I/O SDK, the HDX-SDI is compatible with — and fully certified for — Media Composer® 6.5, Symphony® 6.5, and NewsCutter® 10.5.
The HDX-SDI delivers uncompressed, full-raster 1080/720 HD or SD video to and from the computer, allowing you to capture and play HD/SD material using any video format supported by Media Composer and Avid Media Access, such as XDCAM, DNxHD, and ProRes.
The HDX-SDI driver installer with Avid support is now available for download. This updated software installer provides compatibility with (and is required for) the Media Composer 6.5 family of products.
Ingest any uncompressed SDI, HDMI, or component HD source and then capture and edit in your Avid-supported codec of choice, while monitoring your Media Composer timeline on external SDI, HDMI and/or component monitors. The HDX-SDI delivers unmatched multi-channel audio I/O features to cover a wide range of audio capture and playback workflows.
The HDX-SDI is the ideal economical, all-in-one video capture and monitoring solution for Avid Media Composer workflows.
Fully qualified for Media Composer
MOTU and Avid have worked closely together to deliver seamless setup and operation for the HDX-SDI with Media Composer using the new Open I/O features in Version 6.5.
For a summary of supported features, read this Avid-supplied Hardware I/O Capabilities matrix.
HDX-SDI / Avid feature highlights
- Comprehensive HD/SD video capture and monitoring — provides HD and SD capture and playback in all standard SD and HD video formats up to and including 1080p30 (720p, 1080i, 1080p & 1080PsF) for any Avid-qualified PCI- or ExpressCard-equipped computer.
- Captures and plays uncompressed HD and SD — 10-bit 4:2:2 color depth and 1920x1080 resolution.
- Tower or laptop operation — connects to an Avid-qualified Mac or PC tower via PCI Express for ultra-fast workstation use, or connects to a laptop via ExpressCard connectivity for mobile operation.
- HDMI® capture and monitoring — provides both HDMI in and out.
- RS-422 device control — the HDX-SDI takes advantage of Media Composer's device control features via RS-422 9-pin device control for Digital Cut and Batch Capture operations.
- ASC CDL color grading — provides flexible, industry-standard color adjustment with separate settings for capture and playback.
- Comprehensive audio I/O — capture or monitor up to 16 channels of audio via any two 8-channel banks of TRS analog, AES/EBU digital or embedded (SDI or HDMI) at sample rates up to 96kHz.
- Rack mountable form factor — professional rack-mount operation, or remove the rack-mount brackets for convenient desktop use.
HDMI, the HDMI Logo, and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC in the United States and other countries.